Monday, October 30, 2017

KID QUILT #11 - SUNNY SIDE UP

KID QUILT #11 - SUNNY SIDE UP

For this quilt, I used this collection of prints, called "Sunny Side Up" by Wilmington Prints. There were forty strips, two each of twenty fabrics.  Each strip measured 2.5" x 42".

This Jelly Roll friendly Log Cabin quilt was made using the pattern found at the Jordan Fabric youtube channel. The log cabin blocks were made from 35 of the strips in the set.  If I had thought of it sooner, I could have used the leftover strips for the binding!  Oh, well!  More fabric for my ever-growing stash! 

The backing is a mottled, bright yellow flannel and was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.  I also bought the fabric for the border and binding there.  

The finished size of the quilt is 53" x 73".

I used Warm and White batting, also purchased from JoAnn.  The digital quilting pattern is called "Batik" and can be purchased from Anne Bright Designs. The thread I used was YLI White cotton.


Here are some photos of the quilt in progress.
 
 
 
 

I decided to use two borders on this quilt.





 Here is the completed quilt.


 And a video of the quilt being digitally quilted with my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26 quilting machine and Quilt Magician software. Maximize the screen to maximize your viewing pleasure!


If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997.

No comments:

Post a Comment