Monday, October 30, 2017

KID QUILT #10 - BLOSSOM BATIK PASTELS

KID QUILT #10 - BLOSSOM BATIK PASTELS

For this quilt, I used this collection called "Blossom Batik Pastels".  There were 40 strips, with 2 each of 20 different fabrics, and I purchased the fabric at Keepsake Quilting.  Each strip measured 2.5" x 42". For the border and binding, I used yardage from Top Shelf Quilts.

 

The pattern for this quilt is a modified version of the pattern called "Jelly Roll Race 1600" and you can find the tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilting Company youtube channel.  What I did to modify it was that I cut each strip in half first, and then cut the very first strip in half again. The backing is a purple and white flannel and was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.  

The finished size of the quilt is 52" x 72".


I used Warm and White batting, also purchased from JoAnn.  The quilting pattern is called "Crinoline" and can be purchased from Urban Elementz.  The thread I used was YLI variegated Pastels cotton.


 


Here are some photos of the quilt.
 
This is how the fabric strips look after they have been chain-sewed together end to end.
 
 




Here is the completed quilt.


And a video of the quilt being digitally quilted with my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26 quilting machine and Quilt Magician software. Maximize the screen to maximize your viewing pleasure!
 
 
 If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997.

No comments:

Post a Comment