Monday, October 30, 2017

KID QUILT #8 - SUMMER BREEZE

KID QUILT #8 - SUMMER BREEZE

For this quilt, I used this collection called "Summer Breeze IV" by Moda.  There were 42 strips, with 25 different colors.  Each strip measured 2.5" x 42". For the border and binding, I used yardage from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.
 
 
The pattern for this quilt is called "Parquet" and a friend showed me a block, but she had lost the actual pattern itself, so I had to be a little creative.  My friend told me to use colors randomly, but that really goes against the way my brain is wired, so I created an Excel spreadsheet and carefully planned out the placement of each piece.  As you can see, I really, really pre-planned this project!  I wanted to be sure that no two fabrics that touched were the same!



The backing is a mottled, bright blue flannel and was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.  

The finished size of the quilt is 52" x 72".


I used Warm and White batting, also purchased from JoAnn.  The quilting pattern is called "Flower Berries" and can be purchased from Anne Bright Designs. The thread I used was YLI White cotton.


 Here are some photos of the quilt.

I took some of the leftovers and made this fabric chart so that I could keep track of the colors I wanted to use.














 
 Here is the finished quilt.



If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment