Monday, November 6, 2017

CUSTOMER QUILT - STRING THEORY


 STRING THEORY

Just a couple of pics of this awesome quilt that I just finished for a new customer, Lynn.

Lynn is pretty new to quilting, and this is her first large quilt.  Till now, she has made table runners and other small household items. I was curious where she got all the scraps, if she had not been quilting that long.  She says that friends contributed scraps, and she bought about half the fabric from Quilt Fabric.  It was fun to see all the different fabrics as I was quilting.  In addition to all the different colors, there were some novelty fabrics like images from the old comic strip "Blondie" and even some Harry Potter!

This quilt is larger than a queen and smaller than a king.

I used YLI Primary Variegated cotton thread, with the digital quilting pattern called "Outside In", which is available in digital form and paper pantographs from Urban Elementz.  The batting is Warm and White cotton.



In the photos below, the lighting was not the best, and the vibrant colors of the thread look a little muted.  I did not realize the photos had that problem until the quilt had been picked up.  You can use your imagination!  The colors of the thread on the charcoal grey backing are brilliant!




The cost to have this quilt quilted was $158.32, not including the batting, which Lynn provided.  My prices are competitive, and Lynn tells me she saved around $30 by bringing her quilt to me.  And she got it back in two days!

If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997.

No comments:

Post a Comment