Sunday, October 29, 2017

KID QUILT #5 - SAND IN MY SHOES

KID QUILT #5 - SAND IN MY SHOES

For this quilt, I used this collection of beachy prints, called "Sand in My Shoes", from Keepsake Quilting.  There were forty-two strips, with three of each of fourteen different fabrics.  Each strip measured 2.5" x 42".

The blocks are made with 10.5" x 2.5" pieces, with five pieces in each block.

The backing is a bright, mottled purple flannel and was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.  I also bought the fabric for the border and binding there.  

The finished size of the quilt is 53" x 72.5".

I used Warm and White batting, also purchased from JoAnn.  The quilting pattern is called "Sea Foam" and I purchased that digital design from Urban Elementz, where I get most of my designs.  The thread I used was YLI Pastels cotton.



Here are some photos of the quilt in progress:



























And here is the finished quilt.



And a couple of videos of the quilt being digitally quilted with my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26 quilting machine and Quilt Magician software. Maximize the screen to maximize your viewing pleasure!





If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997. 

No comments:

Post a Comment