Monday, October 23, 2017

KID QUILT #2 - SPRING-A-LING


KID QUILT #2 - SPRING-A-LING

For this quilt, I used this collection called "Spring-a-Ling" by Moda.  There were forty strips, with only a few repeats.  Each strip measured 2.5" x 42". I also used some Kona white.

The pattern for this quilt is called "Stack and Flip" and you can find the tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilting Company youtube channel.  The backing is a bright green flannel and was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts Store.  Since I only used 33 strips for the quilt top, I used the remaining 7 strips for the binding, along with some more of the Kona white. 

The finished size of the quilt is 52" x 72".

I used Warm and White batting, also purchased from JoAnn.  The quilting pattern is called "G Daisies" and it came with my new Quilt Magician.  The design is casual and perky, which I think goes with the general feeling of the quilt. The thread I used was YLI white cotton.


Here are some photos of the quilt in process.

The first step was to sew 33 of the strips together, side to side, and then trim the edges so they were even.


After the sides are trimmed, the top is sliced into 3 pieces, the middle piece is flipped, and sewn back together with white strips in between. Then, a thin white border is added.


Here is the quilt on the frame of my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26.




And here is the finished quilt.



And a video of the quilt being digitally quilted with my Tin Lizzie Ansley 26 quilting machine and Quilt Magician software. Maximize the screen to maximize your viewing pleasure!


If you are a quilter looking for affordable rates for your latest project, give me a call! Don't quilt, but looking for a great gift for a special person in your life?  Or maybe you want something special for yourself.  I would love to design and create a quilt especially for you!  Contact me for details at 815.735.0997.

No comments:

Post a Comment